Gather on Friday, July 2 to celebrate American Independence along with a major milestone for the City of Farmers Branch. The 75th anniversary of the City's incorporation will be combined with the City’s Independence Day celebration for a special observance in the Farmers Branch Historical Park.
The event will include live music on stage, food, fireworks, a short video documenting the City’s history, prize drawings and special guests. Although founded much earlier, residents of Farmers Branch voted in 1946 to incorporate into a municipality. A central theme of the celebration will be a recognition of the City’s proud history as one of the oldest settlements in Dallas County.
- Friday, July 2 from 6:30 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- KidZone from 6:30 p.m. to 9:15 p.m.
- Free admission for Farmers Branch residents; $5 for non-residents (kids 3 and under free)
- General admission seating with blankets and lawn chairs encouraged
- VIP cabanas available to rent
- Bartley's BBQ, Nuevo Leon Tex-Mex, Thomsen's concessions, Tikiz Shaved Ice Blackberry Winter Creamery, Taylor's Sweet Shop and Cedar Creek Brewhouse & Eatery will provide concessions
- Historical characters in period costumes
- Free commemorative backpacks, some with Golden Ticket for custom RTIC cooler
- Cedar Creek Brewhouse to provide commemorative beer in 75th anniversary collectors cup
- Live music provided by Cover Down Band
- Enhanced fireworks display beginning at 9:30 p.m.
Get Your Firecracker Fast Pass
Our Firecracker Fast Pass allows residents free entry 30-minutes prior to the general public to accommodate priority seating. However, it does NOT guarantee event admission. If the Historical Park reaches capacity, then overflow viewing of the fireworks display will be available at nearby Liberty Plaza.
Fast Passes will be mailed out in advance to Farmers Branch residents in the next Branch Review. Please clip the Fast Pass out and present it at the gate. They will also be available at the following locations. Limit of one per household. Each person must show an ID or utility bill to prove residency
- Farmers Branch Community Recreation Center
- The Branch Connection
- Farmers Branch Historical Park
- Farmers Branch Aquatic Center
- The Parks & Recreation Office at Farmers Branch City Hall
Farmers Branch residents who arrive without a Firecracker Fast Pass can still enjoy free entry by presenting a photo ID with a Farmers Branch address.