FBTX ~ Farmers Branch City Council members want to hear from a wide cross-section of citizens and better organize citizen feedback. Toward that end, beginning next month, anyone who wishes to speak before Council will need to sign up at least 30 minutes before the start of the regular council meeting, typically 5:30pm. (Either online or in person at City Hall.)
- The Mayor will invite you to approach the podium.
- Be prepared to make your comments.
- State your full name and address.
- Direct your comments to the City Council.
- You will be allowed up to 3 minutes.
- The council will allow up to 15 minutes on the same topic for multiple speakers.
- The podium has a countdown clock, which will indicate remaining time.
- When time has ended, a tone will sound and your comments should be completed.
- If you have written notes to present to the Mayor and Council, please furnish an extra copy for the official files.
- Audio/visual presentations must be submitted 30 minutes prior to the meeting to the City Secretary’s Office.
- Make material submissions to: City Secretary, City Manager & the Mayor
- No disparaging or inflammatory remarks directed at City Council or City Administration will be allowed.
- Citizens will not be allowed to direct comments to the audience.
- Any speaker or audience member who engages in disruptive behavior may be subject to removal from Council chambers.