Step One: Register!
Voter registration applications can be picked up at the Library or you can print one at home. Applications must be mailed or delivered to your local election office.
The last day to register to vote in the November 2020 election is October 5. If you prefer to turn in your application at the Library, it must be received by Library staff no later than October 1 to ensure that is is delivered to the Dallas County Voter Registrar in time.
Unsure if you are registered, or if your registration information is up to date? Check here.
Step Two: When and Where Can I Vote?
Residents of Dallas County may vote at any Dallas County voting location. Early voting begins on Tuesday, October 13. For a full list of early voting times and locations, click here.
Election Day is Tuesday, November 3. For a complete list of election day times and locations, click here.
The Library is a voting location for both early voting and election day voting. Any resident of Dallas County is able to vote at the Library.
Step Three: What Do I Need On Election Day?
Voters will need to bring a valid ID to their voting location. Accepted forms of ID include:
- Texas driver license issued by the Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS)
- Texas Election Identification Certificate issued by DPS
- Texas personal identification card issued by DPS
- Texas handgun license issued by DPS
- United States military identification card containing the person’s photograph
- United States citizenship certificate containing the person’s photograph or
If you are unable to provide any of these, please see the Dallas County Elections website for a list of exemptions and exceptions.
Step Four: Vote!
If you need more information before election day, BallotReady provides information on all the candidates and referendums on your local ballot.