Farmers Branch residents may purchase trips that first week. Identification is required to prove Farmers Branch residency.
Non-residents may purchase trips the following Friday at noon if space is available.
Trips are subject to cancellation if not filled 14 days prior to the trip.
On the day of your trip, please arrive 15 minutes prior to departure in order to check in at the front desk and board the bus. If you need additional time for boarding, please ask the front desk staff for a pass that will allow you to pre-board the bus.
The Star in Frisco
Thursday, March 22, 1:30-5 pm Fee: $40
Don't miss our first tour to the Cowboys' new training center. Highlights of the VIP guided tour include the Ford Center, the War Room, Nike Star Walk, Super Bowl Memorabilia and Station, and the Grand Atrium. This tour is 75 minutes long and requires extensive walking but will have many stops for resting.
Main Street Arts Festival in Fort Worth
Thursday, April 19, 9:30 am – 4:30 pm, Fee: $10 Extended Walking
We’ll take the train over to Fort Worth for the Main Street Arts Festival for entertainment, arts, food, and shopping.
Amazing Grace the Musical at the Eiseman Center
Friday, April 20, 7 – 11:30 pm, Fee: $63 Limited Walking
Amazing Grace is a musical based on the awe-inspiring true story behind the world’s most beloved song. A captivating tale of romance, rebellion and redemption. John Newton, a willful and musically talented Englishman, faces a future as uncertain as the turning tide. Accompanied by his slave, Thomas, John embarks on a perilous journey on the high seas. Brimming with emotion and adventure, Amazing Grace is an unforgettable musical saga capturing the spirit of history’s sweetest and most powerful sound: freedom.
Thursday, April 26, 11 am – 2 pm Limited Walking
Join us for lunch at 54th Street Grill and Drafthouse in Irving. You will love this new restaurant in Irving. They have super sandwiches, wraps, salads, soups, chicken fried steak and seafood. Check out the Rattlesnake Pasta or Fry Me To The Moon dishes. Prices range from $8-$15.
Trip Registration Policy
- Trips are posted at the Senior Center the first Friday of each month.
- Registration must be made at the Senior Center. No telephone requests for sign up will be honored.
- Registration is for Farmers Branch residents only that first Friday through the following Friday. Each Farmers Branch household may purchase 2 tickets/seats during this week. Residents may not purchase tickets for non-residents.
- On the following Friday, non-residents may purchase tickets/seats. Both residents and non-residents may purchase a total of 4 tickets/seats.
- When the bus becomes full, a waiting list will be started. As space becomes available, staff will notify people on the waiting list in order.
- Should a cancellation become necessary, the individual will contact the front desk and staff will use the waiting list to replace the cancellation. Trips costing more than $5 and filled will be refunded. Trips costing $5 or less are not refundable.
- Trips are not transferable.
- Individuals purchasing trips must be able to be independent or bring an aid to assist them.
- For the safety of the individual, staff will be available to secure wheelchairs and assist with seat belts. Individual care will be dependent upon the participant.