Planning & Zoning Commission Information
Planning & Zoning Commission
The Planning and Zoning Commission consists of 9 citizens (7 regular members and 2 alternates) appointed by the City Council. The current members are listed below:
- David Moore - Chairman
- Jarrod Williams - Vice Chairman
- Linda Bertl
- Giovanni Zavala
- Bonnie Potraza
- Barrett Cole
- Andy Jones
- Pat Byrne - Alternate No. 1
- Amber Raley - Alternate No. 2
P&Z Meeting Dates and Information
The Planning and Zoning Commission meets twice a month on the second and fourth Mondays at 7 p.m. in the City Council Chambers of the Farmers Branch City Hall, located at 13000 William Dodson Parkway. A Study Session precedes each meeting for the Commission to discuss agenda items, work items and topics of interest. Study Sessions are held in the Study Session room on the second floor of City Hall. The start time for Study Session varies and will be posted on the agenda and packet for each meeting.
Live meeting coverage of both the Study Session and Regular Meeting can be seen on FBTV, cable channel 16 in Farmers Branch and on the City's website. Rebroadcasts of the most recent Planning and Zoning Commission meeting can be seen on FBTV at 1 p.m. seven days a week. In addition, previous meetings are archived on the website by the month and can be viewed here.
Upcoming zoning cases to be heard by the Commission are posted here. Download the current schedule here.
Agenda & Packet Publishing Schedule
The agenda will be posted on the glass at the front of City Hall before 5 p.m. on the Friday prior to each regular Monday Planning and Zoning Commission meeting. The agenda packet will be posted to the website before 5 p.m. on the same day. Each agenda and packet will include both Study Session and Regular Meeting agenda items.
Agendas & Minutes
Most Recent Agenda Packet | View All Agenda Packets and Minutes
Citizen Comments at the Planning & Zoning Commission Meetings
During the Regular Meeting, The Planning and Zoning Commission invites citizens to address the Commission. There are two ways to do this:
- Citizens can request to appear before the Commission to address an item not posted on the current meeting agenda during the Citizen Comments portion of the meeting. Please do so by completing this form: Citizen Comments Registration Form
- Citizens can request to appear before the Commission to address an item posted on the current meeting agenda during the Regular and Public Hearing portions of the meeting. Please do so by completing this form: Appearance Before the Planning & Zoning Commission