Cabooses were a familiar sight to folks during their daily routines before railroads retired them in 1984.
Ross Faulkner built the Dodson house in 1937 for William and Maude Dodson.
The General Store was built in 2012 in honor of JoAnn Elliot Bond, the first President of the Friends of the Farmers Branch Historical Park.
The Gilbert House, built in 1856, is the oldest structure in Dallas County still on its original foundation.
The Log Culture area has been dismantled for now to make room for the event center. Stay tuned for future reconstruction.
Isaac Webb founded the first Methodist Church in Dallas County in 1845 in his log cabin in Farmers Branch.
You can easily recognize the Queen Anne style of architecture for its crossed gables, turrets, cupolas, wrap-around porches and porticos.
The Dallas and Wichita Railroad built this railroad depot around 1877.
The Historical Park features our antique rose garden in front of the Park’s 1885 Queen Anne Victorian Cottage.
Farmers Branch established the first organized school in Dallas County.
Arthur Raymond and Ina Millaway established the first service station in Farmers Branch. Our Texaco Service station embodies their industrious Farmers Branch spirit.