Masks are Now Required
The Dallas County Commissioners Court has approved a measure now requiring all persons over the age of 10 to wear a mask or face covering in businesses & public buildings.
Please check each of our facilities’ websites to find out how the new measures are being applied.
Parks and Facilities: What’s Open and What’s Still Closed
- The Rose Gardens of Farmers Branch has always been open, but please keep in mind the CDC recommendations for social distancing and sanitizing.
- The Farmers Branch Historical Park is open an taking tours by appointment. The Park hours are Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. and closed on the weekends. Please check their website for the latest updates.
- The Skate Park has resumed its regular hours, but please keep in mind the CDC recommendations for social distancing and sanitizing.
- The Barney Wood Bark Park is open at its regular hours. Please adhere to the CDC recommended social distancing guidelines posted at the park.
- The Farmers Branch Community Recreation Center is open at the 50 percent capacity for fitness only and is resuming its regular hours of operation. Only the second floor is open, and since the facility is functioning as a fitness facility, only 15 and up are permitted. Due to maintaining social distancing safety precautions and preparing for a facility renovation, the experience at the Rec Center will be different than usual. Youth programming will be slowly added throughout the summer season. Please check their website for the latest updates and more details.
- The Farmers Branch Aquatics Center is open at the 50 percent capacity. Please check their website for the latest updates and more details.
- The Farmers Branch Community Recreation Center will be hosting the Summer Funshine Program at The Branch Connection in an effort to keep our younger population distanced from others beginning June 15.
- In an effort to safeguard the population of older Americans, those most vulnerable to COVID-19, The Branch Connection will remain closed to regular programming through the summer months. Staff will actively engage in ongoing efforts to offer online opportunities and drive-thru programs. In the meantime, and in an effort to keep our younger population distanced from others, Summer Funshine will move to The Branch Connection for the summer of 2020 with a start date of June 15. In a continued effort to safeguard both the older adults and younger populations, in-person small group activities will be offered to older adults at various locations throughout the city. Those with a current membership to The Branch Connection will be permitted to use the available amenities of the Recreation Center while The Branch Connection is closed. Please check their website for the latest updates.
FBTX ~ Summer Funshine and Teen Leadership programs will be held at The Branch Connection this year. Read on...
FBTX ~ Taking a giant green step forward, the Farmers Branch City Council on Tuesday unanimously approved the installation of solar panels on three City facilities, expected to generate more than 850,000 kilowatt hours of electricity annually. Read on...
FBTX ~ The Dallas County Commissioners Court has approved a measure now requiring all persons over the age of 10 to wear a mask or face covering in businesses & public buildings. Read on...
FBTX ~ With impeccable credentials and a track record of success, Mike Mashburn has been promoted to Director of Parks & Recreation, according to City Manager Charles Cox. Read on...
FBTX ~ With a passion for history, an eye for detail, and a wealth of knowledge and museum expertise to her credit, Hillary Kidd has been promoted to the position of Farmers Branch Historical Park Manager. Read on...