The City of Farmers Branch takes pleasure in honoring local and national organizations, events, and individuals for exceptional humanitarian efforts by presenting them with an official proclamation or other recognition from the Mayor of the City of Farmers Branch. Due to the number of requests the city receives, however, the following guidelines have been implemented for requesting recognition.
Proclamations may be issued for:
- Public awareness campaigns
- Charitable fundraising campaigns
- Arts and cultural celebrations
- Special honors (on the recommendation of the Mayor or City Manager)
Proclamations will not be issued for:
- Matters of political controversy, ideological or religious beliefs, or individual conviction
- Events or organizations that do not benefit the community of Farmers Branch
- Campaigns or events contrary to City policies or by-laws
- Campaigns intended for profit-making purposes
- Business anniversaries under 25 years, weddings, family reunions, retirements and the deceased
If a request does not meet the guidelines for a proclamation, the Mayor may approve your request for another type of recognition (Congratulations, Commendation, Recognition, Appreciation, etc.).
The Mayor of Farmers Branch will make the final decision on whether a proclamation is issued or not. No Proclamations are issued to non-residents or for a non-Farmers Branch event unless specifically approved by the Mayor.
A copy of the proclamation may be requested by the individual(s) or organization(s) who request it at no cost.
In most cases, approved proclamations will be presented at a City Council Meeting. Please plan your proclamation requests in conjunction with the City Council Meetings. The Farmers Branch City Council typically meets the 1st and 3rd Tuesday of every month at 6:00 p.m.
If you would like the Mayor or another City Official to present your recognition at an event other than a City Council Meeting, please indicate this with your request.
A request for proclamation must be made at least two weeks prior to the date that the proclamation will be presented at the City Council Meeting. If your recognition does not need to take place at a City Council Meeting, please email your request for a proclamation at least two weeks prior to the event to the City Secretary.