School Field Trips
Teachers can now book their 2019-2020 school field trips at the Historical Park. Even if your school has toured the Historical Park before, we highly encourage you to visit us again. We have added new hands-on interactive features that allow students to learn through play!
Our school field trips let students experience history alive! A field trip includes a tour of the different features of the Historial Park led by trained docents in period costumes. Teachers can customize the tour by choosing which buildings to see and if the tour should include the museum store. All tours include a take-home goodie bag for students and teachers.
Structures and Activities
- One Room School House: Experience a history lesson in our 1910 One Room School House.
- Log Cabin and Card Cotton: Tour an 1840s Log Cabin homestead and card cotton.
- NEW! Blacksmith Shed: Students will be able to participate in a hands-on demonstration in our newly built blacksmith shed!
- Gilbert House: This 1856 structure lets students explore frontier medicine. NEW! Students can also dig for artifacts in our new mock archeology feature!
- General Store: Students can participate in a scavenger hunt in this 1927 structure!
- Farmers Branch Depot and Caboose: Students can learn morse code at this original 1877 structure.
- Queen Anne Victorian Cottage: Students can discover stereoscopes, thaumatropes, praxinoscopes, and more in this 1885 structure.
- NEW! Students can also experience what it was like to wash clothes without electric washer and dryers in our new clothes washing station!
- Students can receive homestead garden instruction by the Dallas County Master Gardeners.
- There are vintage toys and games students can play with during lunchtime.
Fees and Additional Details
- All tours are $3 per person but teachers and chaperones are free!
- Please note that lunch is not provided and will need to be brought or delivered to the Historical Park. Teachers can decide if lunch will be enjoyed at the park or offsite.
If you're booking a school field trip, we have a variety of worksheets that can be used before and after your school's visit to help enhance the learning experience.