Brush & Bulky Trash Collection
BRUSH AND BULKY SCHEDULE CHANGES COMING FEBRUARY 1
A new brush and bulky pickup schedule will begin in Farmers Branch on February 1, 2019. As part of a citywide effort to divert clean brush from the landfill, bulk items will be picked up once a month during the first full work week (i.e. Monday-Friday) while brush will be picked up the other three weeks of the month.
In addition, the brush and bulky service day will change for most residents. Beginning February 1, 2019, brush and bulky collection will occur on residents’ scheduled recycling days. For example, if your current recycling day is on Tuesday, that is now your brush and bulky pickup day as well, with bulk items only being picked up the first full week of each month.
Residents residing west of I-35 will receive all solid waste services including trash, recycling, brush, and bulk pickup on Wednesdays beginning February 1, 2019.
Residents are reminded that items for pickup should not be put out earlier than 6pm the night before their service day. For special pickup outside of scheduled service days, residents can call Public Works at 972.919.2597.Learn more about the benefits of brush recycling here.
Collection Schedules and MapsTrash/Recycling/Green Grabber Schedule (by street): Click Here
Green Grabber Collection Map: Click Here
In addition to weekly collection service, Brush and Bulky material is accepted at the Citizen Collection Station, located at 1399 Valley View Lane, Farmers Branch, and open 9 AM to 6 PM, Thursday, Friday & Saturday.
Brush & Bulky Holiday Schedule
If your Brush and Bulky Collection falls on one of the following holidays, service will resume on your next regular service day:
New Year's Day
Friday after Thanksgiving
Reasons the Green Grabber didn't pick up material include:
- Material not set out by 7 AM.
- Vehicles parked in front of the material.
- Material too large or long to fit in the truck container.
- Bagged trash must be set out separate from Brush and Bulky material.
- Loose Construction/Demolition material.
- Mixed Items: Bagged trash, tires, loose construction/demolition debris.
- Material stacked under or too close to tree, utility pole, fence or other structure.
- Material is under tree limbs.
Brush & Bulky Tips:
- BULKY material may be placed out at the curb no earlier than 6PM the day before your scheduled service.
- There is no alley collection.
- No bagged material. The Green Grabber does not pick up bagged trash.
- Set out bagged material with regular trash. Each bag must weigh less than 50 pounds for regular trash pick up.
- Items must be no longer than 8-10 feet in length.
- Place all material 3 feet away from mailboxes, trees, poles and other obstructions.
- Do not place items under tree limbs.
- Loose construction and demolition material (e.g. sheet rock, tiles, bricks, rubble, etc.) should be placed in a container or on a pallet for collection.
- DO NOT place tires, glass, mirrors, motor oil, oil filters, car or boat batteries out for Brush & Bulky collection. Contact Public Works 972.919.2597 regarding pickup or disposal of these times.
- DO NOT place household hazardous waste such as pool chemicals and fertilizer out for Brush & Bulky collection. These and other household chemicals are accepted at the Dallas County Chemical Collection Center.