How many laps to a mile for the track at the Community Recreation Center?
10 laps = one mile
Must I accompany my child at the Community Recreation Center?
Children under the age of 7 should be accompanied by someone age 15 or older.
What documents are accepted as proof of Farmers Branch residency?
In order to obtain a membership or apply for financial assistance, a resident must have a valid driver's license or a Teas state-issued ID with a Farmers Branch address.
What does a fitness membership at the Community Recreation Center include?
The 60,000-square-foot facility offers something for the entire family, including:
- Cardio and fitness area
- FREE Flex Fitness classes
- Discount on fee-based classes
- Available dance/fitness studio
- Three-lane walking/jogging track
- Full-service locker rooms
- Two gymnasiums
- Recreational gymnastics gymnasium with parent viewing area
- Tree House (child care) with attached pay yard
- Three community rooms with audio-visual equipment
- Warming kitchen
- Snack and play room
- Member Lounge with coffee service
- Monthly Member Appreciation events featuring "perks" such as breakfast, chair massages, etc. Check with staff for dates/times of Member Appreciation events.
What are the facility hours?
- 5: 30 a.m. to 9 p.m. Monday through Friday
- 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday
- 1 to 4 p.m. Sunday
Are there membership fees?
Yes. Fees for Farmers Branch residents are as follows:
Basic Membership (Individual or Family)
- $10 per year, per individual, or $30 per year, per family (immediate family members only)
- Includes gymnasiums, snack and play, teen room, computer lab (age qualifications apply) and a discount for classes
- $180 per year, per individual
- Payment options include payment in full or continuous monthly draft of $15
- $360 per year, per family (immediate family members only)
- Payment options include payment in full or continuous monthly draft of $30
Includes everything listed in the Basic Membership, plus the fitness area for those age 15 and up. See staff for corporate and non-resident membership rates.
What types of memberships are available?
There are memberships for Farmers Branch residents, corporate residents (those who work in Farmers Branch), and a limited number of non-resident memberships. Farmers Branch residents must provide proof of residency.
Can I bring a guest with me to play basketball or work out?
$5 guest fee is required, plus a completed waiver. Guests cannot exceed five visits in 30-day period.
Do you offer personal personal training?
Yes, there are a variety of packages available. For more information, contact the Community Recreation Center at 972.247.4607.
Do you have babysitting?
Yes, for ages 6 months to 6 years, Monday and Wednesday from 9-11 a.m. and Monday-Thursday from 6-8 p.m. for $2 per hour. Reservations are required.
What kind of classes do you offer?
There are a variety of fitness classes, sports classes and camps, pre-school classes, martial arts, dance, and recreational gymnastics to name a few.
How can I view a listing of all classes offered?
Pick up a copy of the Branch Living Brochure at the Recreation Center or view the class listings online.
Are some classes included in the membership?
Yes, the Flex Fitness classes are FREE to fitness members. Individuals and families with basic or fitness memberships receive a discount on fee-based classes.
Do you have to be Farmers Branch resident to take classes?
No, but residents receive priority (early registration) for some classes. Refer to the Branch Living Brochure for more info and details.
Can I register online or do I have to come to the Recreation Center?
Members must have an account set up before they may register online. Members will be issued an Account ID and PIN for each family member to use for online registration. For more information, contact the Community Recreation Center at 972.247.4607.
Do you have specific programs for youths and teens?
Yes, please visit the Programs and Activities
Can you rent the Recreation Center for a private party?
Yes, please visit the Recreation Center Special Services page for information and downloadable application.
Is financial assistance available?
Financial assistance is available for classes, leagues, and other related supplies for qualified Farmers Branch residents age 18 and under. Summer Funshine and Holiday Craze also offers financial assistance.
How can my group volunteer at events?
The City provides many opportunities for Farmers Branch non-profit groups to volunteer and raise funds for their organization at City-sponsored special events. Examples include sponsoring game booths, trick-or-treat stations, concession booths, information booths and providing additional operational support to City staff during an event. Contact the Parks and Recreation Department at 972.247.4607 for more information on how to volunteer.
Membership Registration Forms
Membership Stop Payment Request Form