Reserve Meeting Room
Meeting Room Usage Policy
The meeting rooms in the Farmers Branch Manske Library are primarily for the use of Library programs that promote Library services, or by the City of Farmers Branch for City sponsored events. The following policies do not apply to Library events, Library-sponsored events or City of Farmers Branch events held in Library meeting rooms.
When a meeting room is not in use by the Library or a City department, the meeting rooms are available on a first come, first served basis to groups and organizations as specified in this document. These uses are scheduled by application completed online and approved by the Library Director.
Use of the Library’s meeting rooms does not constitute Library or City of Farmers Branch endorsement or approval of viewpoints expressed by participants in the program. Advertisements or announcements implying such endorsement are not permitted.
II. Statement of Policy
Meeting rooms of the Farmers Branch Manske Library are designed to meet general informational, educational, cultural, and civic purposes. Under the following guidelines, Library meeting rooms are available at times that do not conflict with daily operations of the Library:
- All meetings must be open to the public
- No admission may be charged to those attending meetings
- No sale of goods or services or the solicitation for future sales or services will be permitted without prior Library Administration approval. "Solicitation" is any act or attempt to advertise, market, or sell any product or service or to seek membership in any organization, or to obtain a donation/contribution. This includes the collection of “free-will” offerings. Public property, such as City of Farmers Branch buildings, facilities, parking lots, grounds and other real property, is held in trust for the public. It is to be used for governmental and public purposes and governmental property is not to be used for private gain.
- Acceptable usage of the Library’s meeting rooms includes:
- Library sponsored activities and programs
- City of Farmers Branch Department programs and meetings
- Civic, cultural, educational and informational programs
- Library public meeting rooms are not available for the following uses:
- Political campaign purposes (political forums are permitted)
- Weddings and/or Showers
- Family Reunions
- Individual and private parties
- Commercial uses, i.e. where personal or business profits are the chief aim of the meeting
- The following restrictions are applicable:
- Per the City of Farmers Branch Fire Department, attendees may not exceed the posted occupancy load for the meeting room as established by the City of Farmers Branch Fire Marshal.
- Facility users are responsible for checking for posted fire exits and evacuation procedures.
- The Library reserves the right to cancel a reservation in the case of an emergency closing.
- Meeting facilities may not be scheduled more than three months in advance.
- Use of any Library facility phone number as a contact phone number for the meeting/event scheduled, including but not limited to written, verbal, or on the internet, to promote the event is prohibited without prior approval by Library Administration. The Library will not serve as a point of information referral for patrons who may have questions regarding the meeting or who wish to contact the meeting organizers.
- Any printed or electronic publicity or marketing materials that include the Library’s name and address must include the disclaimer: “This event is not sponsored by the City of Farmers Branch or the Farmers Branch Manske Library.”
- Prior to the use of a Library Meeting room, Library Administration reserves the right to review any signage, decorations, or literature to be displayed in the meeting room for compliance with the meeting room policy. No signage may be affixed to the walls, woodwork, ceiling, windows, or furniture. Decorating is permitted, but certain types of decorations are prohibited. Restrictions include, but are not limited to:
- Burning Candles or incense, or any type of open flame
- Decorations incorporating metallic glitter
- Nails, thumbtacks, or staples on any room surface
- Tape on walls, ceilings, and woodwork
- All decorations and displays should be removed at the conclusion of the meeting.
- Audiovisual and projection equipment is available for public use, but users will be held responsible for any reasonable repair or replacement costs for damaged or destroyed equipment. See application for equipment available. Assistance with audiovisual, internet access and PC hardware/software is unavailable on items not supplied by the Library. Music or other audio must be limited in volume as to not disturb other library users.
- Upon arrival, the applicant must inquire at the Public Service desk to speak with the Library Supervisor on duty to gain access to the room, furniture, and all equipment requested.
- The applicant and/or organization are responsible for any and all damages to the meeting room and/or equipment. Library property stored in the meeting rooms shall not be removed or transferred to other areas.
- The Farmers Branch Manske Library reserves the right to revoke a reservation if the program or gathering is disruptive to the Library’s normal course of business, is in violation of the adopted Rules Governing the Use of the Library, or in violation of the guidelines set forth in this Meeting Room Policy.
- All Individuals/Organizations are responsible for the setup and cleanup of their programs.
- Meetings will not generally be scheduled before or after Library hours. Group representatives may not enter Library buildings, nor will deliveries be accepted, before the regular opening time.
- Upon completion of the meeting the applicant must inspect, with the Library Supervisor on duty, the premises and/or equipment used to ensure that all resources used are in as good a condition as existed prior to usage. The meeting room must be returned to the condition in which it was found and must be completely vacated prior to the Library’s closing time, unless prior arrangements have been made with the Library Supervisor. Failure to comply with this regulation will result in forfeiture of future use of a meeting room.
- Any equipment, furnishings, or belongings left by the applicant or those attending the meeting, shall be removed and placed in Library’s lost and found. These items will be discarded after 30 days. The Library is not responsible for any items left on Library premises. There will be no payment or replacement for items lost by the organization or those in attendance. Insurance coverage is not provided.
- Non-Alcoholic drinks and light refreshments such as cookies or cake may be served in the Meeting Room, Conference Room and Amphitheater. All serving utensils are to be provided by those using the meeting areas.
- The Farmers Branch Manske Library is a non-smoking facility.
- The Library reserves the right to have a member of its staff present at each scheduled meeting or event.
- Youth or children’s groups must be supervised at all times by responsible adults provided by the sponsors of the activity.
- Non-library sponsored groups wanting meeting rooms for long term or on-going use must have the approval of the Library Director.
- The Library Administration is responsible for devising procedures to implement the Meeting Room Usage Policy.
- The Library Administration reserves the right to determine whether a proposed use of facilities is appropriate and to withhold permission for such use. The Library Administration also reserves the right to determine the conditions for community use of the meeting rooms and spaces.
- The person making the meeting room application shall be (ALL of the following):
- A resident or property-owner of the City of Farmers Branch
- A Farmers Branch Manske Library card-holder, in good standing
- An authorized representative of the organization holding the meeting
- In attendance at the requested meeting
- Held accountable for restoring the room to setup condition and for any damages to the room or to Library equipment
- Reservations are approved on a first come, first served basis
- The Library Director shall have final authority regarding use of Library meeting rooms and/or cancellation or discontinuance of meeting room reservations.
By checking the box, you agree to adhere to the terms of the Library's Meeting Facilities Policies.